Have a nice weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up with the latest news about the games we cover or you’re looking for a refresher, we’ve got the solution for you! Here’s a bite-sized version of the week’s best RPG news. Get a taste of all the latest news on the Fextralife Wiki Network.
This week in RPGs from February 11, 2024
This week in RPGs, Dragon’s Dogma 2 gets a Fighter Vocation trailer, Lies of P gets crossover content with Wo Long, Elden Ring mobile game rumored, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth gets a closer look, and more in this week’s news week.
- During this week, Steam’s Next Fest kicked off with the release of many demos for numerous games. One of those games was the shape-shifter Action-RPG Coridden. It’s exactly what it sounds like: you can switch from human to animal form to use their abilities in combat or even to just travel around.
- The game offers co-op, so you can even hitch a ride on the back of a friend while they’re in beast form while you attack.
- Whether you want to focus on your beast form or the human side is up to you as you acquire new equipment, skills, and even passive abilities. You can even try out the adventure during Steam’s Next Fest as there’s a demo. Coridden is expected to be released in the third quarter of 2024
- If you want to know more about this news or the news mentioned in this video, the link is in the description below.
For more information about this news you can find it here in Coridden. An ARPG about Shapeshifting gets a free demo.
Granblue Fantasy Relink
- Granblue Fantasy Relink had a great weekend on Steam, even becoming the second best seller at launch. According to SteamDB, it simultaneously gathered more than 100,000 players, making it one of the most popular of its genre on the platform alongside Monster Hunter World.
- At the time this video was recorded, it was ranked second only to Palworld. In case you missed it, Granblue Fantasy Relink is set in the same universe as the fighting title Granblue Fantasy Versus. The game is an action RPG that features a number of fan favorites that you can team up with in a party. But you don’t have to go it alone, as you can join forces with friends in co-op in Monster Hunter-style encounters.
- If you’re looking for the latest builds for Relink, be sure to check out our channel and don’t forget to drop by our Granblue Fantasy Relink wiki for the latest information.
For more information about this news, you can find it here in Granblue Fantasy: Relink becomes second bestseller on Steam.
Crusader Kings 3
- Crusader Kings 3 is looking forward to a huge year ahead as Paradox has unveiled a major roadmap that includes two major expansions and DLCs.
- The first is the Legends of the Dead, which Paradox labels as a core expansion. As the name Legends of the Dead suggests, the expansion focuses primarily on legends, giving players the opportunity to increase their fame and strengthen the legitimacy of their rule.
- All of this is coupled with new gameplay elements that allow players to leverage their legendary status through new decisions and actions. Players can also hire an official court historian to document their legendary exploits, whether fictional or not.
- Legends of the Dead will be released on March 4e which will be followed by the expansion of Roads to Power. This focuses on the Byzantine Empire with a new form of administrative government. It offers options to wander through the country as an adventurer.
- Also coming this year are the Wandering Nobles event pack and the Couture of the Capets cosmetic clothing DLC. These will be part of the Chapter 3 Expansion Pass for $43.98 and available separately.
For more information on this news, you can find it here Crusader Kings 3 gets a major roadmap with two expansions plus DLCs.
- Now a rumor about Elden Ring. No, this is not about the Shadow of the Erdtree expansion, but it is about a possible mobile game in development. According to sources close to Reuters, Tencent is developing a mobile game that will have a similar monetization structure to Genshin Impact, as it is a free-to-play game.
- Tencent has been looking for their next big play and has been looking at IPs like Nier to bring to mobile. This has been dropped, according to the report, but they have their eyes on Elden Ring.
- Tencent has a 16.25% stake in FromSoftware’s parent company Kadokawa Corporation. When they initially made their investment, they didn’t mention that they would be developing a mobile game for Elden Ring at the time.
- Bringing AAA games to mobile isn’t completely unheard of, as Capcom brought the Resident Evil 4 Remake to phones last year. But the concept of a completely different pricing structure for Elden Ring, as outlined in the report, appears to be at odds. Of course, this hasn’t been confirmed by Tencent or Bandai Namco, so take this with a grain of salt for now.
- As for Elden Ring’s Shadow of the Erdtree expansion, a small update was provided this week via Kadowaka’s financial report. According to an FAQ section on the current status, they are “working hard on development” for the DLC but “do not have a release date at this time.”
For more information on this news, you can find it here in Rumour: Elden Ring Mobile Game in Development.
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
- This week we took a closer look at Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, which received its own State of Play from PlayStation and showed off a number of new details. Along with the showcase was the unveiling of a demo for PS5 that is available now.
- The new gameplay revealed showed a huge world map, consisting of several interconnected areas. Players can explore these lands on foot, by swimming, or even by riding Chocobos.
- The mini-games that can be found all over the world as well as those in the Gold Saucer were also shown. Players can collect cards to use in the Queen’s Blood card game.
- We looked at the Bond System, which is affected by the choices you make. As you get closer to the characters, you can go on a date with them to the Golden Saucer. This will affect how they perform in battle, unlocking new synergy abilities.
- The differences between the way characters move in the world were also shown. For example, Barret can shoot things like ladders. Tifa, on the other hand, can use her grappling hook to bridge gaps.
- Are you excited about Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth after seeing more gameplay? Have you watched the demo? We have a video on our channel if you want to know our thoughts on it.
For more on this news, you can find it here in Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Gets Stunning Gameplay Reveal; Demo available now.
Lies from P
- A crossover between two soulslikes has appeared in the form of downloadable content. Available just in time for Valentine’s Day, Lies of P players can grab a free Wo Long Fallen Dynasty DLC that includes the Azure Dragon Crescent Glaive weapon, the Armor of the Honorable, and the Bandana of the Honorable. These free items will be available on February 14the for P to woo and fight with.
- Previously, Wo Long got a similar crossover with Lies of P, gaining the umbrella weapon Puppet Saber and Etiquette.
- Developer Neowiz still has big plans for Lies of P. They previously revealed images of unseen locations and talked about a sequel. Wo Long won’t be getting a sequel, but Team Ninja is working on their next big action RPG Rise of the Ronin.
For more information on this news, you can find it here in Two Major Soulslikes Lies of P and Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Gain Crossover DLC.
Rise of the Ronin
- Speaking of Rise of the Ronin, the action-RPG received a behind-the-scenes episode this week. The various major cities in Japan in the 19th century were examined. The video appearing on the PlayStation Blog details the three major cities of the Action-RPG, Yokohama, Edo (now called Tokyo) and Kyoto. Players can experience each of these important places in an open world experience, where East meets West.
- The main story won’t be the only compelling story to follow, as there are side activities such as Sumo missions that allow players to get to know the locals better.
- These can also help make dangerous areas safer by taking out bad guys.
- Rise of the Ronin will be released on March 22NL as a PlayStation 5 exclusive.
For more on this news, you can find it here in Rise of the Ronin gets a behind-the-scenes look at 19th century Japan.
Dragon dogma 2
- Capcom has taken a look at the different Vocations in Dragon’s Dogma 2. This time we get a look at the Fighter with some new gameplay in the latest trailer. The Fighter uses a sword and shield to powerfully attack enemies and deal real damage. They can also bash their shield to taunt enemies and cause aggro.
- They can parry, knock down enemies and even attack towering monsters, as seen in the trailer. But swords aren’t the only weapon of choice, as they can also pick up a sickle to slash their way through enemies.
- Previously we looked at the Warfarer Vocation. But unlike the Warfarer, the Fighter is not exclusive to the Arisen. We were previously introduced to the Vocation Maisters who can learn new skills through Maisters Teachings.
- Which of the Vocations you’ve seen so far will you be playing when Dragon’s Dogma 2 comes out? Let us know in the comments below.
For more information on this news, you can find it here in Dragon’s Dogma 2 Shows the Fighter’s Calling in New Trailer.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Join us next week for another great gaming week! Don’t forget to check out our VIP program for some exclusive perks for supporters, and aspiring writers can take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thank you again for being part of this wonderful community. Stay tuned for news, reviews, YouTube streams and videos, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the bigger the Fexus army grows: